Monday, April 15, 2013

{Marigold May}


Some dolls you know straight away. Their personalities  are almost "born" before the first needle has been threaded.


Others take a long time for me to fully understand. Their characters' are deep as English puddles in the middle of March.

It took me a long time to discover her name... But at last  {I think it was last Friday}she decided to whisper it in my ear. Then she giggled.
 " No, it's a really pretty name." I replied, "unusual, yes, but in the best of ways!"


"Marigold May"  might seem like a quiet, thoughtful girl.
 She is. 
She loves to read, especially Beatrix Potter... Especially Ginger and Pickles...


She is delighted with the Spring flowers that are growing in the nooks and crannies of our little garden, especially the "Bunches of Grapes"
as she calls the Grape Hyacinths.


But she gets the giggles more than any other girl I've met :)

Although she can be very proper too, especially when it comes to tea. "Remember to rinse out the pot with boiling water before throwing in the leaves." A point she never forgets to advise me upon.

She is naturally a big sister and already shows a great deal of concern for the smaller dolls if they fall over and get muddy knees while helping their little girl friends in the garden.

But even though she giggles, alot. If I told her a secret. I know she'd keep it.

She is thoughtful and loyal.

And although she looks very prim in her linen bonnet. She has an adventurous streak that would just love to have the same adventures she reads about in her beloved books...

If you would like to go on some adventures with her you can find her waiting  here.


Sharing this post with Natural Suburbia's Creative Friday!

2 comments:

  1. she is beautiful. i wish i could get her. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!
    I kind of want to keep her myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...