Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Amaya



 Amaya seemed happy enough in her lace trimmed lavender dress but looking into her deep brown eyes I knew there was more to this girl than simply lavender and lace lovely though it is.


As soon as she spied my fluffy, sky wisps of merino sparkling like sunlit water in the evening light I noticed her eyes light up. 


"Yes Amaya I'll spin you some special sunlit sea wool. I'll dip it in the morning dawn tommorrow to add a little softness and...


 the most ethereal pink...
"Dew drops! You want dew drops too?"
I'm sure that can be arranged.


 "Amaya" You wandered through my garden one day. I noticed a tinkling bell ringing in the trees and looked up to find her ethereal spirit making up lyrics for the blackbird's song in the most distant branch of the Sycamore tree.
She was in her own world and no one was going to persuade her from it!


 It was then that I knew you were not a girl of convention. You danced to your own song and your song was the song of the blackbird and the thrush.


You asked me to save the fading rose blooms so you leave them to dry with a cinnamon stick and make potpourri. You now smell of crushed petals. It's very pleasant.


 Lastly, you asked for some music to go with you wherever you go, like the lady from Banbury Cross:

Ride a cock-horse to Banbury Cross,
To see a fine lady upon a white horse;
Rings on her fingers and bells on her toes,
And she shall have music wherever she goes.


Amaya is available to take home from here : tilly tilda

2 comments:

  1. thank you for communicating these moments of wonder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dolls are simply beautiful and this - your blog - is a very inspiring place. I'm glad I found it. Lena, a fellow doll maker

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...