Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Raven

Green and turquoise seem to be an ongoing theme in my work. I can almost smell the grass as I felt little merino shoes by the window on a lazy, hazy Summer's Eve...

Coriander gone to seed in the front garden...and why not. It smells and tastes just as fragrant with it's lacy buds abundant and glowing in ebbing light...


My little girl rescued a jackdaw fledgling a couple of weeks ago... And so...

Here too, with her iridescent clothes, feather black hair and skin golden brown as Summer itself wanders, through the green a young lady named Raven.


 According to an ancient Native belief, Corvids are couriers between worlds, carrying messages and relaying secrets... I have always been fascinated with these clever birds...They seem almost telepathic.

 

And so it's time for this fledgling to fly too. I wonder which branch she'll land on?

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhhh you called her Raven, how wonderful, and as always such beautiful lilt to your words

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...